Laurent, South Dakota Forum Index Laurent, South Dakota
Discussion forum for world's first fully integrated, sign language friendly town!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you hire Deaf Architect from Arizona?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Laurent, South Dakota Forum Index -> Building Laurent, South Dakota
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tposedly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Will you hire Deaf Architect from Arizona? Reply with quote

My name is Thomas J. Posedly, AIA, NCARB Architect. I'm born Deaf. I have two degrees at same time from University of Arizona in Architecture and Art. I had my own office for 18 years in Tucson, AZ from 1969 to 1987. Then I worked and lived in Honolulu, HI 1987-1997. Now I'm back in Phoenix, AZ 1997 to present. In all of my 33 years as licensed architect I have worked on all kinds of building types and designs except hospitals. Town-planning is my interest at this time. I did three 100-acre developments in Tucson. Helped to plan a large community center in Tucson with Music Hall, Arena, Little Theater, Hotel and Shops. As for Laurent, SD, I want to be able to see the map on your website with roads, highways, topography, and zoning use areas. My office name is Towns Alive! because I am interested in beautiful small towns (pop. 500 to 5,000). Bye for now. !..!_
illustrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so cool!
Would love to see your profolio. Smile
Piet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Town Planning Reply with quote

This sounds like an opportunity for Green planning, self reliance, integrated mixed-zoning, windpower elec., gardens, bikeways, community centers, an artists' colony? WOW. I have an idea for an apartment bldg. with an inner courtyard for a co-op daycare, and street-level businesses, a community meeting hall/rec. center when school is closed, maybe a community dining room for "pot luck" dinner use, and school cafeteria duringf the day. Mothers could work in the same bldg. , say as an office receptionist, sales clerk, and check up on kids on breaks.

I am hearing, but with foreign language aptitude, and rudimentary sign. [I learned the alphabet and some signs around 8 yrs old from deaf family tutoring us. It wasn't often enough, or strict enough for me, but I have learned more as I meet new people.]

I teach music, [how useful can ASL be there...?], but I would love to teach in the new town. I sounds exciting to start a town!
DavidRowland

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Teaching music. Reply with quote

Piet,
Have you ever looked into sign art? It's a form of signing songs and music. It is a very beautiful way to sign songs and poetry. Very popular in a lot of churches down south.
Mark and Beth Mitchum use it in their church services in Arlington, Tx. for all of their songs. Might be something you could look into for your music classes.

Then I have a perfect home based business for you. Very easy to start, very easy to use. Please take a look.
http://ilovejerky.com/4734
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Laurent, South Dakota Forum Index -> Building Laurent, South Dakota All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: